Offshore Wind Farm Tooling
Caley and Houlder collaborated to design the Pile Fixation Tool for supporting the installation of monopile wind turbine structures.
The Pile Fixation Tool, which operates between 2m and 10m below the seabed is deployed and remotely operated from the installation vessel, incorporates a high level of redundancy and for safety reasons requires no manual intervention. As well as providing rigid restraint, the system incorporates a means of lowering from the top of the pile, is capable of self-orientation and centralisation.
Pile Fixation Tool Key Features
- Bespoke design for Monopile Foundation installation support.
- Vessel deck mounted system consisting of control unit and Pile Fixation Tool (PFT).
- System positioned on top of Monopile and then PFT runs down pile to interface with pre-installed stabilizing pins in the monopile.
- Extends them to contact and load against the foundation wall and the borehole walls, thus providing the secure fixing of the monopiles, demanded, prior to the grouting process.
- System recovered to vessel ready for next pile
Need a safe, well designed, high quality handling system for your offshore equipment? Contact us to discuss.